Roman Zydownyk is a Senior Associate with SEG Management Consultants and President & CEO of RCSG Inc. Roman has over 32 years of diverse experience in the public sector and 3 years of consulting service experience. Roman is a former Associate / Assistant Deputy Minister with Ontario Shared Services.
Roman supports clients in the following areas:
Planning and Performance Measurement
- Strategic and business planning
- Program and operational planning
- Business case development
- Stakeholder and internal engagement
- Performance measurement frameworks and metrics
- Financial, cost/benefit and costing analysis
Restructuring and Business Transformation
- Shared services for back-office and client-facing functions
- Service delivery improvement and quality service
- Organizational / program reviews and organizational development
- Change management and cultural change
- Project management / PMOs
- Best practice and jurisdictional research
Organizational Effectiveness and Governance
- Regulatory needs analysis and Agency Mandate Reviews including:
- Regulatory option model development
- Regulatory functions & costing analysis
- Stakeholder/public consultation
- Option analysis, recommendations, final reports and implementation plans
- Shared Services tools, techniques, implementation planning and service delivery solutions for collaborative service delivery arrangements.
Other Service Areas
- Development and delivery of ERP and CRM utility strategies and services;
- Delivery of public-facing services, including the provision of citizen-centric services with linkages to digital payment & back office solutions;
- “Big Data’ and information management for informed decision making.
Background and Qualifications
Roman has significant public sector experience and has held diverse executive roles in the Ontario Government where he was responsible for audit services; financial services policy development; corporate services; policy and program development; operational review; and revenue and financial services in a shared services environment. Roman has provided management consulting support to clients since 2012.
Roman has extensive experience in strategy development, project and performance management, operational review, e-government, ASD/outsourcing, business process transformation, organizational design, change and transition management. He brings strong, strategic leadership and expertise at the program/portfolio level where multiple, large, complex and inter-related projects need to be managed under tight time frames.
Roman’s experience as executive lead on numerous large-scale transformation initiatives and many high-profile government transformation initiatives have included:
- Developing Technology Portfolio Management strategy for the Financial Services Commission of Ontario for integrating their financial, resource management systems and CRM systems, taking into account broader organizational and business implications and priorities. The activities directly related to the development of an implementation plan with clear deliverables and a practical, doable implementation plan.
- Developing an enterprise business & IT architecture and reference model for the Financial Services Commission of Ontario. This architecture would form the basis for delivering FSCO’s strategy to become an integrated, risk-based regulator to ensure the delivery of their mandate and legislated responsibilities. The final report and 5 year implementation plan provided a roadmap and integrated strategy for both their ERP and CRM technology and business process improvement initiatives.
- Providing strategic advice services to the Auditor General of Canada regarding their most recent performance audit of Shared Services Canada.
- Providing strategic guidance and leadership to the project team responsible for managing the establishment of the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care’s Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs).
- Executive Lead of the Ministry of Finance’s negotiation team managing the devolution of the property assessment function to municipalities as part of the Government’s Local Services Realignment initiative.
- As former Assistant Deputy Minister, managing the Government’s enterprise-wide ORACLE eBusiness Suite in the provision of accounts payable and non-tax revenue accounts receivable / collection services for the Province of Ontario;
- Ontario’s Executive lead on the Federal Government’s Task Force for the Payment’s Systems Review;
- As former acting Associate Deputy Minister, Ontario Shared Services: overseeing the Province of Ontario’s back-office, shared services functions and enterprise business systems including: Payroll and Benefits, Procurement, Expenditure and Revenue processing and General Administrative Services such as Print, Mail, French language translation and Risk Management and Insurance;
Roman is a candidate for the Certified Management Consultant (CMC). The CMC designation is the profession’s only international certification mark, recognized in 43 countries. It represents a commitment to the highest standards of consulting and adherence to the CMC Code of Professional Conduct.