Karen Watson is a Senior Associate of SEG, whose practice focuses on public sector service delivery and the organizational, process and technological change required to drive service improvement.
She has extensive experience leading strategic services development, implementation and change projects in the public sector.
Karen specializes in the following service areas:
- Development of practical and achievable project plans, budgets, schedules, and governance for project implementation.
- Oversight of projects to meet objectives, manage priorities, reduce risks and deliver expected results.
- Project management coaching and training.
- Organizational assessments of change impacts on business processes, staff roles, skills and knowledge requirements.
- Development and oversight of organizational change management plans for IT and other service delivery organizations.
- Stakeholder assessment and management plans.
- Business process design/re-design to align with goals and objectives of organizational change.
- Post implementation assessments and action plans for service delivery and support.
Business analysis and measurement
- Performance measurement for service delivery environments, especially information technology service delivery and support.
- Development of specific and measurable objectives and targets to monitor outcomes of key business and I&IT strategies and processes.
- Design of data collection processes, methods and tools for monitoring ongoing performance.
- Development of functional requirements and use cases for system design and development.
Background and Qualifications
An experienced project manager and former public service I&IT manager, Karen has worked with a wide range of public and private sector organizations for more than 15 years to successfully design, build and transform their I&IT service and support.
She has worked with management and staff of I&IT and other service delivery organizations to successfully address the impacts of new systems, new organizational arrangements and new business processes and to actively monitor progress and sustain improvements.
She uses current methods and tools which support data driven assessment and decision making, and the definition of clear, effective processes for achieving desired outcomes. A clear communicator and collaborative professional, she has led teams and engaged stakeholders of all levels and types of experience.
Karen brings to all projects a strong service perspective and commitment to results.